Know Your Rights

Know Your Rights

You are entitled to:

Use Any Shop
Demand Quality Parts

Is it my right to select the shop that will repair my car?
Yes. To expedite your claim, we suggest you: (a) select the repair shop, (b) leave your vehicle there, and (c) notify your insurance agent or company.

How many estimates do I need?
Notify your agent or insurance company. Your insurance adjuster may need to inspect the damage. If your insurance company has a drive-in claims service and your car is safe to drive, you should call them for an appointment, take your car there make sure you get a copy of the insurance adjuster's estimate and take it and your vehicle to the shop of your choice.

Some insurance agents may tell you to get two or three estimates. Talk to your insurance adjuster first. Generally claims are handled by the insurance company's claims department, not agents.

In some areas your insurance agent may be authorized by the insurance company to pay your claim. If he or she tells you to get two estimates, ask if they will pay your claim from his or her office. If 'yes' is the answer, getting two estimates may speed up your claim payment. If 'no' is the answer, talk to your insurance adjuster first.

Do not get an estimate from a shop you would not let repair your vehicle.

Insurance companies cannot force us to use imitation parts.
Make sure only Original Equipment Manufacturers' parts are used in the repair of your vehicle. Imitation parts are not always as good as the original, and we believe our customers should be assured of a top quality repair. After all, you pay premiums month after month just to have the assurance that your car will always be protected. Using substandard parts can put the condition of the car in jeopardy.

Must I notify my insurance company before repairs?
Yes. Insurance policies require that you notify the company or your agent, make a report, and tell them where the damaged vehicle may be inspected.

Who pays the repair bills?
You must arrange for payment. Your insurance policy states the insurance company will pay you less any deductibles or depreciation.

Who is responsible for repairs?
The shop of your choice. That is why it is important that you select a repair facility that is properly trained and equipped to restore your vehicle to its pre-accident condition.

If I have a problem with the repair shop, whom should I contact?
First, the manager of the shop. If your problem is still not resolved, contact your insurance company's claims manager. You may also want to contact the office of consumer protection.

If my insurance company fails to process my claim or pay the amount agreed upon, what can I do?
First, contact your insurance agent, then talk to the Branch or Regional Claims Manager of the insurance company. If that fails, then contact the Ohio Department of Insurance at (614) 644-2658.

Auto body expert at work

Why choose us?

- Free written estimates (pre-work)
- Locally owned and operated
- In business 30 years
- Lifetime warranty on work
- Certified expert technicians
- BBB Better Business Bureau accredited business
- Members of the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence
Our business is accredited by the BBB and the ASE
Share by: